What to do When a Contractor does an Inspection for Water Damage During COVID-19
This article discusses the correct steps to take when there is water or mold related damage in the home. There are somethings that should be done before, during, and after the visit so to ensure that everyone stays safe. The information on this article was taken directly from the CDC's website; you can find a link to that article here.
Before the Visit:
- The CDC points out to make sure there are no stay at home orders, and if there are, to delay nonessential services. Our firm is considered an essential service since we deal with emergencies in home. If there is damage that has already been cleaned up and dried and you prefer to prolong these events, consult with us and we would be happy to schedule a future visit.
- Please let us know if you or someone in your home has recently been exposed to COVID-19, or if there is someone at higher risk of illness.
- Do as much consulting before the appointment. We've had several conversations over the phone, we're happy to help you and answer any questions. We can also do FaceTime and Zoom calls, and some customers text us pictures of the damage. This helps us ensure that all parties are on the same page before we show up, and the physical inspection is kept at a minimum.
- If you would like, ask us about our COVID-19 precautions. Our staff is temperature checked daily. We ask our staff about symptoms and ensure that they are safe to go to the field. When they show up at an inspection, they wear masks, gloves, shoe covers, and are trained to follow social distancing protocols.
During the Visit:
- Please ensure that all family members that will be present wear masks, as our team will also be wearing masks.
- Follow social distancing protocols and avoid handshakes.
- Minimize indoor conversations; they should be outdoor when possible. Improving ventilation is also recommended, such as opening windows and turning on AC.
After the Visit:
- We do our best to clean and disinfect our work area; the CDC also recommends disinfecting any surfaces in the home that we may have touched.
- Ask about contactless payment when paying us. We accept all major cards, as well as take payment over the phone. We can email an invoice, or accept check by mail.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at (619) 482-1131. We're happy to answer any questions and be a resource when you need us.