Holiday Helpful Safety Tips for your Home
Thanksgiving is almost here and it's almost time for most of us to decorate for the holidays.
Remember these safety and helpful tips to ensure a safe home through the holidays and beyond.
- Always inspect your lights before you hang them
- Replace any out or broken lights
- Never connect more than 3 strings of lights at a time
- Use clips to safely attach lights to the house
- Be mindful of low-hanging or damaged wires to protect pets and children
- Always use ladder safety when putting up or taking down your holiday decorations
- Never plug more than two appliances into an outlet at once or “piggyback” extra appliances on extension cords or wall outlets
- Remember to keep candle flames far away from decorations, ornaments and especially trees
- When building a fire to keep cozy, test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, burn only dry, split firewood (avoid chemically treated wood), and close damper when fireplace is not in use
Call us if there is ever any fire or water related damage at your home! You can reach us at (619) 482-1131 and we're open 24/7 during the Coronavirus Pandemic (a.k.a. COVID-19).
Happy Holidays from everyone at SERVPRO of Chula Vista