Supporting the Community with Preventive Cleaning
The health and safety of our community is a priority.
Dear Customers and Partners,
With the recently issued “Stay at Home” order for California, SERVPRO is exempted under the categorization of “Critical Infrastructures”. We are committed to respond to any emergency that can happen, and we believe it is our duty during these times to help our community with their homes and their businesses.
There is no higher priority to our firm than the health and safety of our staff, partners, and customers that we serve. We are taking additional precautions on our end to limit the exposure that require changes in our usual business practices:
- In the interest of properly preparing the SERVPRO team to enter a potentially infected property, screening questions will be asked over the phone prior to scheduling any appointments or visits.
- Job site visits may be limited to essential services. While we typically monitor drying equipment every day, we may allow longer periods between visits to avoid unnecessary contact. It is imperative that equipment be kept running at all times, and to notify us of any issues. Equipment will be disinfected before and after each job.
- While we typically like to update our customers in person on the job status, we are encouraging all communication to be via phone or email to avoid unnecessary contact.
- We may experience issues with limited personnel and resources in the coming weeks, so our focus will be on mitigation to stop potential further damages
- The CDC encourages people to maintain a distance of approximately 6 feet. Technicians have been advised to avoid making any physical contact with our customers. We ask customers to stay clear from the work area as much as possible. We can provide lock boxes for those that would prefer to not be home to provide us access.
- Technicians will wear respiratory protection, gloves, and goggles when responding to any worksite. This election is based on team member protection, and team member and customer piece of mind.
Minimize your risk and let us help you with preventative cleaning
Our professionals are trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. This is a cleanup for the proactive cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces to minimize the transmission of emergent viral pathogens. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
If you are interested in inquiring about our services,remember SERVPRO Chula Vista is here 24/7 to help our community. Give us a call at 619-482-1131 or send us an email and we can give you more information whether your facility or home meet the guidelines.